The UAE Federal Tax Authority has launched a new service for authenticating the authenticity of issued VAT invoices. The new service is part of the tax authority’s efforts to protect consumers across the country from price manipulation and other fraudulent actions.
All VAT-registered businesses in Dubai and the UAE are advised to validate tax invoices and credit notes. It is necessary as a business paying VAT without using the TRN verification in UAE service of the tax authority won’t be able to accept input tax credits for a fraudulent transaction.
Checking Tax Invoices for the Tax Registration Number
Occasionally, with the current VAT rate at 5%, some find it tempting to pocket the cash for themselves. Fortunately, this is covered by law in Dubai/UAE and notifies the Federal Tax Authority of these numbers. Under what circumstances might you be tempted to steal money from your company? That can happen when people forget how important it is for honesty to rule the day.
Most business owners are aware of the VAT collected from a customer and then not remitted to the tax authorities, but others need to learn how it works. While perpetrators at first end up in jail, some manage to escape.
Finding TRN numbers on tax invoices and credit notes is important. To find them, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the official website of the Federal Tax Authority or follow this link: (link to https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/trn-verify).
- An e-VAT invoice’s TRN is located in the top-left corner of the document. It is a 15-digit number that starts with 4, 5 or 6.
- Enter the correct captcha, then click on the ‘Retry’ button to see if you have better luck this time.
- They’ll take you to a page with the business’s registration information. It is if the TRN is valid and the company is eligible for VAT. If the TRN verification says you should register with another number, your number is fraudulent or invalid.
- Check to see if the VAT rate charged to you is accurate by verifying the authenticity of a TRN. The next thing you can do is make sure you’re being charged the right amount. Avoid situations where you’re overcharged or rates less than what’s current.
The process of checking a TRN with the FTA portal can be done regardless if you’re VAT-registered. If an international company is filing VAT in UAE, you must validate each supplier’s tax number with the service. You can also use the same service of the FTA if you want to find out how to check a TRN by company name.
Trust us with this: If you’ve obtained a forged TRN, you must report it to the police. Contact 600 599 994 or email email@example.com.
Why does it matter if you’re a UAE business?
The Tax Registration Number of a business is its unique identifier. This number will provide VAT-related transactions and improve communication between buyers and sellers. The TRN is also essential for a company to claim the tax paid on acquisitions for business purposes. With the following examples, you’ll see just how important the TRN is:
- The TRN offers a unique ID for the registrant.
- When a TRN is on the tax invoice of a registrant, customers are more likely to pay the right amount of VAT.
- TRNs allow a VAT-registered business to deduct input VAT credits on eligible costs and other expenses.
- When communicating with the tax authority, a registrant must provide their TRN.
- All businesses must ensure they include the TRN on all VAT-related documents, especially when filing VAT returns in the UAE.
All businesses should register their company to get a tax number. Once they have a VAT Registration Number, they must include it on all tax-related documents, such as customs and excise declaration forms. If you need help, an expert can provide support with VAT registration and consultation in UAE.
VAT in UAE is a business privilege charged at the same rate. VAT experts in UAE are qualified to provide valuable tax advice, assess your eligibility for VAT registration, and accomplish your VAT registration or return filing on time, as needed.
Also Read: Check These Out, People On Craigslist In Vancouver
Leave a Reply