QuickBooks Online, developed by Intuit, has been the greatest accounting software since its launch in 2000. Since its stable release, it has been available in 2 accessible versions. One of them is the online version and the other is the cloud-based. People have frequently confused the online and cloud-based versions to be the same, but the difference is stark.
QuickBooks Online is created and channeled via Intuit, which runs within the web browser. Comparatively, QuickBooks software is hosted in the cloud via third-party cloud hosting companies, which can be accessed through an application-based platform.
With QuickBooks Hosting, you can easily access your QuickBooks Data file Anywhere, Anytime on Hosted VDI. So here the question occurs: which of them should be preferred? Well, there are many drawbacks to QBO, which is a poor competitor to QuickBooks Hosting. As proof of this claim, let’s look at some of the disadvantages of QuickBooks Online.
Drawbacks of QuickBooks Online
While the desktop version of QB has all the functionality of the software, QuickBooks Online is left behind with myriad limitations. The main reason lies in the build that works on different databases.
- It lacks complete accuracy and issues arise when importing and exporting data from the desktop version of the software.
- Without the Internet, there is no method to access the program, as it is completely web-based. So, no internet represents workflow pause.
- A considerable amount of manual input is required when you have to make changes from the desktop version to the online version and vice versa.
- The maximum number of users allowed at 1 time is 5.
- Limited tech support is available.
When you look at these drawbacks and compare the online version with the hosting platform, you can see the drawbacks in a bright light. But there are no such limitations or issues in the cloud-based version of QB. Now let’s take another look at the benefits of QuickBooks hosting.
Advantages of QuickBooks hosting
Cloud-based QB is the desktop version of the software. It is primarily hosted in the cloud so that users can access and use its functions.
With the cloud platform, everything stays similar to the desktop version. QuickBooks Hosting providers offer the ability to be accessible, bypassing geographic and time limits, along with the power of data security and scalability. While you can take benefit from all the elements of cloud hosting, here is a list of professionals to give you a clear idea.
- The desktop version of QB can be accessed online through an application. Hence, there are no worrying factors to be found when switching between desktop and cloud versions.
- Instead of just 5 users using the facility at a time, the cloud version offers 30 users while working benefits.
- Attributes such as inventory tracking, purchase order creation, multiple item pricing, and online bill pay are available with QBs in the cloud. This availability is absent for QBO.
- The supported versions are QuickBooks Premier, Pro, and Enterprise.
- 24×7 technical help is available.
There are not many leading, reputable companies spread across the Internet that host QB software in the cloud. Therefore, it is advisable to go for the best QuickBooks cloud Hosting service provider like Apps4Rentto get the best results. Apart from that they even provide services to migrate g suite to office 365 with Excellent migration assistance and top-notch technical support.
Leave a Reply