In SAFe, a POPM is the professional responsible for driving the product development process until it is delivered to the customer and grooms the backlog.
In order to ensure the implementation of Agile Methodology, the Certified SAFe® POPM coordinates with the development team as well as the stakeholders in the organization.
It is the responsibility of a SAFe® POPM Practitioner to define the desired product vision, along with the quality to be achieved, and to monitor the development process and team in order to ensure that the product is delivered on time to satisfy the needs of the organization and the stakeholders.
A POPM training program prepares individuals to manage projects and address backlogs by providing them with processes, mechanics, and tools. This curriculum will provide you with the opportunity to gain an understanding of the product development process and how to use Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe®) to achieve business objectives.
SAFe® POPM Exam Details
In order to take the exam, you must access the SAFe Community Platform. If the timer expires, the exam will get submitted regardless of how many questions are answered. Upon completion of the exam, the resulting marks will be assessed as per the questions answered. In the case of unanswered questions, the question will be automatically marked as incorrect. When you click “Submit,” your score will be calculated if you have answered all the questions before the exam timer runs out.
Exams are timed, and you’ll see the timer throughout. You’ll have to read and accept the Candidate Agreement before you start the test. There’ll be questions with more than one answer. If a multiple-response question says “Choose two” or “Choose three,” that’s how many answers you have to choose.
Name of Exam: The SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam or the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
Mode: Online, No Books Allowed, Timed
Exam Access: SAFe Community members can take the exam
Timing: 120 minutes
Price: The first exam is included in the registration fee
There are currently two versions of Scaled Agile’s Exam available: the POPM4 and the POPM5. In order to pass the POPM4 exam, you will need a minimum score of 77%, and in order to pass the POPM5, you must score 73%. The exam will consist of 45 questions, and if the candidate passes, he or she will receive a certificate from Scale and a digital badge from SAFe for completing the exam.
Let’s talk about how we can clear POPM training.
- Become Familiar With Your Exam
It’s important to figure out what you need to conquer first. You’ll find all the info you need on our certification page. You’ll find out about the exam’s style, the number of questions, the time it takes to finish, the average time it takes to answer each question, the passing score, and the rules.
- Understand the Content of the Exam
It is important to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager in the SAFe® environment by passing the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager exam. Attending Scaled Agile courses will not guarantee you pass the exam.
In addition to attending your course and engaging and participating in it, here are some ways to clear your SAFe POPM certification exam.
Get Familiar with SAFe® POPM Study Materials
Read through your Learning Plan and your notes after the class. Read the course slides and your notes. There are some suggested readings on the Scaled Agile Framework website, which you can find mostly on the website. Begin by picking topics that you intuitively know you do not fully understand.
Find Out Where You Are Weak
The most effective way to make the most of your time is to focus on both perceived and objective weaknesses. To gain confidence, take the practice tests daily, and create a similar environment as your real certification exam. It will give you a good idea of where you lack in answering & managing exam time.
Also, don’t use the practice tests as a blueprint for the real exam, it’s going to be different. Pay attention to everything that is to be covered and clarify anything you don’t understand. Focus on concepts instead of the questions you got wrong on the SAFe® 5.0 exams. Clarify any terms or content you struggled with.
Get Creative With the Content
Now you need to learn what you’re weakest at; reading articles repeatedly won’t do. Here are some of our favorite methods for learning:
- Having a thorough understanding of all the icons on the SAFe Big Picture will enable you to explain it effectively.
- Develop a case study using a real company, your company, or a fictitious company, and try to apply some of the abstract concepts that you are struggling with.
- Check out your work through SAFe. What aligns with SAFe? What doesn’t? Does your team write stories using the user-story voice? What would your company change if it did things differently? Talk to your coworker about these discrepancies. You can also shadow someone in the same field as the one you took the course for.
Take the Test
Be sure to take the exam before the deadline, and make sure you have enough space, time, internet connection, and silence for your test. Keep track of time by using the countdown clock at the top. Make sure you read the questions carefully and review your answers thoroughly before submitting. Only make changes if you know it was a mistake. Making changes on a whim is not a good idea.
Here are some tips that will assist you in passing the exam:
- Staying calm during an examination is imperative. It is necessary to prepare thoroughly before the exam in order to give yourself confidence and maximize your chance of success. If you fail the test, the worst-case scenario will be having to retake it.
- When faced with a question you are uncertain about, eliminate the incorrect answers first in order to improve your chances of getting the correct answer.
- Waiting too long to take the test can result in stress, so doing it as soon as possible is a wise idea. Ideally, you should take the test two weeks after completing the course, when all the training is still fresh in your mind and you are already in the right state of mind.
- Using flashcards helps you remember information easier. The cards can be made yourself or purchased.
- Once you have mastered certain topics, you should focus more on the topics you need to brush up on. Once you have mastered certain topics, you should concentrate on the topics you need to brush up on.
There is no doubt that the SAFe® POPM certification is one of the most important certifications in the world. In addition to being one of the most sought-after certifications in the world, it is also one of the most difficult. We hope the information contained here will be helpful to you in your career development.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which certifications are offered by SAFe® POPM?
With the SAFe POPM Certification, you’ll get credibility as a Product Owner and a Product Manager. It’s a globally recognized certification, so you get authority and credibility. It’s not just authority for applying the Framework of SAFe to large projects in an organization, it’s also membership in the SAFe community.
Q2. What is the SAFe POPM Certification process?
The roadmap of why and how to get certified should be analyzed and evaluated before you get certified as the SAFe® POPM.
- Get SAFe® POPM training and a 2-day workshop (classroom/online).
- To become an expert in Scrum and SAFe Framework, you must then take a two-day workshop class under a certified trainer at a simple and advanced level.
- The SAFe Certifying body will provide you with a link when you’ve finished the training and the SAFe® POPM course.
- The SAFe® POPM Certification exam must be passed in order to obtain SAFe POPM Certification. You will need 35 out of 45 marks (77%) to pass. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Scaled Agile official website.
- The SAFe certification body will ask you to submit the license agreement after you pass the exam.
Q3. Does this SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) Certification Training online course require any prerequisites?
A candidate for the POPM Certification does not need any prerequisites but should possess some prior working experience in the SAFe environment along with Lean, Agile, or other apt methodologies.
Q4. How does the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) training course work?
In this two-day intensive course, you will gain expertise in Scrum and Agile framework, principles, and values necessary to pass the SAFe Scrum Master exam.
Q5. What is the value of SAFe POPM Certification?
Certification in SAFe® POPM serves many purposes. As Scrum Frameworks become increasingly popular, and 90% of teams learn Agile Methodology in order to improve performance, the demand for Certified Scrum Product Owners has been growing exponentially. As a Product Owner or Product Manager, certification increases your chances of being hired.
Q6. What is the benefit of SAFe® POPM Certification?
Here are a few benefits of acquiring the SAFe® POPM certificiaton.
- Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Consultants, Architects, Agile Trainers, Solution Architects or System Architects, Business Analysts, Release Engineer Trainees, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Team Leaders, and Change Agents can benefit from this certification in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the organization.
- In order to expand their skills as SAFe Product Owners or Product Managers, it is highly recommended that someone with business tactics as well as the necessary skills and knowledge take this course.
- Scrum@Scale certification provides a gateway for organizations that would like to implement Scrum within the enterprise, along with SAFe Fundamentals.
Q7. Does the SAFe POPM Certification require a training class?
It is mandatory that you attend a SAFe® POPM Certification training session in order to obtain certification. For the certification exam to be successful, you must possess a thorough understanding of Scrum and the SAFe Framework, including both simple and advanced concepts.
In the training class, a set of strategies is formulated to provide an assessment and evaluation pathway for clearing the certification exam.
In addition to learning how to pass the SAFe® POPM Certification exam, participants will also learn how to apply Scrum frameworks from a practical standpoint, with emphasis on post-work implementation techniques necessary for large-scale projects for Product Owners and Product Managers.
Q8. How does SAFe POPM Practitioner work?
- In the product development process, it is the Certified Safe POPM Practitioner’s primary responsibility to regulate the flow of business.
- As the front end for solving, building, maintaining, and solving the system backlog, the Certified SAFe® POPM takes input from the architect, development team, and stakeholders.
- A SAFe® POPM controls the product backlog, which includes creating, maintaining, updating, and prioritizing it.
Q9. What is the key skill set required by a successful SAFe Product Manager or Owner?
- This SAFe technique helps Product Owners/Product Managers prioritize features, products, and portfolios.
- To deliver a quality product to the market, SAFe® Product Owners and Product Managers need to be adept at assessing and analyzing the business value.
- It is the responsibility of a good SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager to lead the development team, stakeholders, and architect down the path of agility.
Q10. What is the maximum number of times I can take the SAFe exam?
The SAFe® POPM certification exam can be passed three times by an eligible candidate.